- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups no salt added diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 ounces green bean cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 potato cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 4 ounces fish fresh your choice (snapper works best) cut into bite size pieces
- 6 ounces small shrimp (41-50 per pound) peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon corn starch mixed with cold water
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Add garlic, thyme, celery seed, salt pepper; cook for roughly 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth and green beans, and potatoes. Bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium, stir in fish and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes more.
- Add corn starch and water stirring constantly until thickened just enough to coat the back of a spoon.
Recipe credit: Walter Coghlan